Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 6 February 2016

Romans 8:35?

Who then shall separate us from the love of Christ?
No one.
Right.
Okay, then who or what will separate us from His Bride?

Frank Sheed has the answer, (h/t to Nick Donnelly, @ProtectThePope):
“We are not baptized into the hierarchy; do not receive the Cardinals sacramentally; will not spend an eternity in the beatific vision of the pope. Christ is the point. I, myself, admire the present pope, but even if I criticized him as harshly as some do, even if his successor proved to be as bad as some of those who have gone before, even if I find the Church, as I have to live with it, a pain in the neck, I should still say that nothing a pope (or a priest) could do or say would make me wish to leave the church, although I might well wish that they would leave."

No comments: