Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 4 December 2009

Liturgical Formation?

I have been asking that we begin on this, anent the new translations of the Missal, for several months, to no avail.
I am someone who actually pays attention, and paid attention as a tween and teen and adult, who can count on my fingers with one hand still in my pocket, the number of times I have failed to fulfill my obligation to assist at Mass since my 1st communion, and there are SCADS of basic, simple things about the liturgy that it would have really helped to know, I never heard from the pulpit nor read in the bulletin.
(The only liturgical formation I recall during the seemingly weekly upheavals was an announcement that we were to receive Communion in the hand from now one, unless we had a good reason not to...)

So please, let us not hang people out to drive this time.
Anyway, good article, quoting extensively from the great Dr Paul Ford.

Let us SEIZE this opportunity!!!!!!!!
There will be liturgical police on the left and right who will make our lives as difficult as they can.

And may Dr Ford be wrong about that....

No comments: