Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 13 July 2007

Cheeze in Church

I think the tune will be self-evident


Must there be cheeze in church?
And must it be sung by me?
Cheap, sentiments of which
The focus is I, not He?

Just praise our Creator!
Why is that so hard?
Wallowing in how we feel
Is silly self-regard.

Let cheeze be banned in church,
Let this be the moment, now,
With every breath we take,
Let this be our solemn vow,
To take our song, and address our song
To Him, eternally!
Ban not just cheez in church,
But ego-centricity!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Geri!

And many thanks to Mary Jane for pointing me to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I should've identified myself...

Scelata said...

Why, thank you, Michael!

Brian Michael Page said...

LOL - I like that one! Beats out old "Let there be peas and carrots on earth".
BMP

Scelata said...

Thanks for visiting, Brian.

Nothing wrong with "peas and carrots" except it doesn't scan! (Not that that would prevent it being published... the prosody on some of the stuff out there today is dreadful.)

Save the Liturgy, Save the World!)

Richard Chonak said...

May I add a plug for my own sendup of LTBPOE?