Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 2 July 2007

Mike

Interesting, looooong talk with the Biggest brother.
Not as much of a mess as usual, but even TheMom admits he is what he is.
But the ecclesiastical stuff, (where did I just read that word? "ecclesiANTICS"?) was enlightening.
He is brighter, and more informed than most.
And HE doesn't know.
No wonder John and Mary Q Pewsitter don't.
And that was when I realized that at cantor practice this e'en I needs must explain to them WHY I am adding invocations to (English language) settings of the Kyrie already in the repertory.
I was glad I had.
One, who I consider far and away the most liturgically astute of the bunch, didn't know that there was a three year lectionary cycle for Sundays.
What am I say? I didn't know there was only a two year for weekdays until three or four years ago...
Anyway, I am going to try to inform more people of more things.


By neglecting to do what I assumed would be patronizing, I have failed utterly.

No comments: