Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 13 July 2007

Lady Bird's Last Minutes

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Johnson-Last-Moments.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1184357648-o3iWfbzFDmuOH6djBxv2vw

Interesting AP story
I assumed the "priest" of the headline, telling of Mrs Johnson's death was Episocopalian (I do know, or rather did know, ECUSA members who insisted they were not Protestant, and ministers of their denom who were addressed as Father, and called themselves priests.)But the writer, (Kelley Shannon) takes it as a given that "priest" means a Catholic clergy man.
I like to think of the Litany of the Saints being sung at her deathbed, the idea is quite, quite beautiful.
Wish I knew the "triumphant hymn" known to both the Catholics and the Protestants present. (And I am surprised at the priest's' surprise that there were such hymns.)

No comments: