Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 17 March 2014

How Does This Happen?

A fashionable New Yorker "pairs a red antique Catholic priest’s chasuble with a red vintage hat from Tibet."



Have people stopped caring about disposing of items designed for, or set aside for sacred use properly?

In settling an estate I am spending a great deal of time and cutting a great number of fingertips just now, prying backs off, and taking photos out of frames before the latter are donated to thrift stores --  because I hate the notion of my great great uncle's face looking up at me from the bottom of a bin at Goodwill.

Blessed items, (of which there are quite a number, and I haven't even started with the boxes and boxes of no longer useful sacred music,) require even more care. Yes?

I suppose people dies without heirs, or with heirs who don't care, about them or what they hold dear, but it upsets me...

I feel as if reparations need to be made and I don't know how to do that.

No comments: