Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 24 March 2014

You want scandalous? I'll give you scandalous

I have always been a little ambivalent about the subject of scandal, in the way the word is understood by the Church.
And I know that repeating news of scandalous doings may increase the scandal.
But after consideration, I think that the better known this kind of thing is, the better for the Church.
Damian Thomson reports on a truly ugly exchange on Facebook, by someone who seems to be a columnist in a Catholic newspaper, a name I recognize as someone who is one of the go-top "Catholics" for any television project looking for a bad word about a pope.
If this is not he, or a hoax, the Tablet will surely make an announcement to that defect, and I shall surely remove this post.
On the occasion of Bishop Loris Francesco Capovilla elevation to cardinal:

No comments: