Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Tuesday 15 March 2016

LIke Christmass, Pi Day Deserves Not Only an Octave, But Perhaps the 12 Day of Pi(e)

Had little time for cooking yesterday, but had what I thought was pie in the freezer, took it out to thaw, opened it 'round about 7:00 pm for an evening snack with a glass of shiraz to wash down my diphenhydramine, and wouldn't you know?
It was breakfast casserole.
No pie for Pi Day, alas!
However, earlier in the day I had come across this, so I may make a hand pie later today.
Jo and Sue's Single Serving Pie Crust:
I think I figured out why I am so in love with single serving recipes.
I had a bit of an epiphany whilst standing in front of my toaster oven.
Remember the Easy-Bake oven?
That's what it's like making these little treats in the toaster oven. Single serving recipes in the toaster oven/microwave/oven are like Easy-Bake treats for adults.
Plus...by making only one little servings you can't eat more than that. I mean...if I bake a whole pie then I can eat a whole pie. Not that I have....noooooooo no no......never. If I only make a mini pie then I can only eat a mini pie - which, as it turns out - is far healthier for me.
Here is the rundown on this tasty little number:
(According to Fitday)
Crust only: Calories - 165, 11.7 fat, 12 carb, 1.8 protein.
Crust and filling: Calories - 199, 11.8 fat, 22 carb, 1.9 protein.

I think I have some strawberries.
You may be skeptical that someone who obviously spends so much time reading the not-strictly-necessary online truly has "little time for cooking."
I have two words for .... how many?....  29 words for you -
Your call is very important to us. Please remain on the line for the next available associate. Calls will be answered in the order in which they were received.
Thank you so much, insurance companies, government, banks... it is very flattering to know that the time of Little Ol' Me is important to the likes of Big O'l You,

No comments: