Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Make Me an Instrument ...

Okay, so the new GIA catalog awaiting me in my rectory mailbox has a not-bad drawing of a bird on the cover, and "Lord, make me an instrument..."
Pretty good, huh?
That augurs well enough for the contents: prayerful, and a musical reference through the play on words, right?
But inside, I kid you not, ducks and bunnies and a raccoon and who knows what all saccharine cartoon woodland creatures, (of a style to make Precious Moments look edgy, and Disney cartoons like Fritz the Cat,) frolicking in a circle singing, apparently, "where there is division, may i make friends...."
And then this prayer, (a couple of foxes or wolves, i can't remember,) "where there is boredom let me ring bells."
Whisky Tango Hotel

No comments: