Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 13 April 2008

Oremus pro Benedicto

We shall sing this at the choir mass today -- I am completely out of voice, a problem since several of the pieces we are doing today are essentially "voice led."
(This is a curious phenomenon, and one I have not been able to figure out. My choir is a conundrum -- in three pieces of similar style, similar difficulty, similar familiarity the likelihood is very great that one they will follow my hands and head, one, only [organ] accompaniment will do the trick, and on the last, it must be my voice. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how I taught it to them, either. It may have to do with how attentive and enthused the de facto section leaders are?)

Oremus pro Pontifice nostro Benedicto. Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum ejus.

Let us pray for Benedict our Pontiff. May the Lord keep him and give him life, and make him happy on the earth, and not deliver him to his foes.

No comments: