Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 6 April 2008

Sacramentals

I should probably not have horned in on the welcome meeting for new, (or potential) parishioners.
And I certainly shouldn't have opined to the assembly that in a parish of Easter European Catholics nut roll is a sacramental.
(Oooooh... but it was all I could do not to rhapsodize on the one I tasted this morning. One of my sopranos makes hers with raisins. Raisins! Did you ever?!*!?&?#?$??! RAISINS! and more cinnamon than usual. And it was amazingly delicious.)
I was impressed by some of the witness given.
I had no appreciation for, no idea of some of our dear priest's pastoring skills.
But it shouldn't have surprised me.

2 comments:

lvschant said...

OK, so how about the recipe, for pity's sake???

Janet (vox feminae)

Anonymous said...

No, no, that's the whole point of being choir director -- people GIVE them to me!
Especially at Christmas time, when i put them in the freezer, and then husband them carefully, so that I don't run out until April or so.
The recipes are closely guarded. As a Polish/Irish/African/Austrian, alas! I do not have the recipe in my DNA the way our Slovak parishioners do. (I understand parishes have been torn apart by disagrements over thecorrect way to make golubki...)

Save the Liturgy, Save the World!