Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 14 June 2009

"Heaven is my throne, and the earth my footstool: what is this house that you will build to me? and what is this place of my rest?"

Unless the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. Unless the Lord keep the city, he watcheth in vain that keepeth it.
Compare and contrast...

My blog is not unlike my.... er... real presence.
I repeat myself ad nauseum.
I only have two or three thoughts, which I harp on.
And I suppose I have complained about the national anthem of the Sovereign Kingdom of Pelagia numerous times already.

But there it is, requested unrefusably, and so here I am, again.

Whining.

But just a question, to all who believe,
"Let us build a house where love can dwell and all can safely live, place where saints and children tell how hearts learn to forgive,"
is a suitable and apt substitute for, oh, say,
"God is the strength of his people. In Him, we His chosen live in safety. Save us, Lord, who share in Your life, and give us Your blessing; be our shepherd for ever."*

To what sort of song do you think the USCCB's BCL subcomittee was backhandedly referring when they asked, in their powerpoint about the choice of texts to be sung at Mass, "Is there sufficient emphasis on God’s initiative rather than an overemphasis on human action?"

Just askin'....

*The English of the prescribed texts for the Introit of Ordinary Twelve.

No comments: