Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Wow, Durufle!

I don't know that I've ever caught a broadcast of any Mass from Phoenix before, or any liturgies for the K of C, so maybe all this is typical, but listening to Himself dialing past EWTN, (no, I couldn't watch the whole thing, anyway,) I heard the General Intercessions chanted in Latin, (from the Litany of the Saints?) Ubi Caritas, a bit of polyphony (for the Kyrie maybe?) and think I saw that although it's in a convention hall or meeting room, there is a spectacular drop with an enormous, commanding icon of Christ behind the altar.

Wow.

Thank you, all you who have a hand in the Reform of the Reform in general, and this Liturgy in particular.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And of course, especially Deo gracias!

There will be melons and onions in the Promised Land, too, Monseigneur, we are not whining to go back to Egypt.

(Oh, and especially thanks for the kick in the pants I needed, to remind me to watch the vibrato.)

Anyone reading this know that the organ music at Offertory was? It sounded French.

No comments: