Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 15 January 2016

A Story of Punishment, Redmption.... and HOW Does My Mind Work?

Lovely little piece in Catholic World Report about three murderers. three inmates in Italian prison, doing their time and working their salvation out.

There main occupation is as bakers, making communion bread for the Eucharist.

And what trips up my mind as I'm reading?
“Above everything else, I hope to be forgiven by God for what I’ve done,” [one] said.

He recounted the process of making the hosts: “In the morning, we say a short prayer, a Hail Mary, an Our Father, we make the dough, have some coffee, smoke a cigarette and begin.”

[He] hopes to leave prison while he is still young, saying, “When I get out of prison I hope to get married, have children, a family.”
Eeeeeeeew.
They smoke a coffin nail before making the hosts?!???.
Eeeeeeeew.

No comments: