Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 1 January 2016

"St Michael the Archangel, defend us in batt---"

"That's okay, Mike, I got this."


On this Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God I like to imagine such a response to our prayers taking place.

"Meek and mild"?
I don't think so.
Amy Chua, you don't know what a real "Battle Hymn" is.
Gaea's our mother?  Bzzzzzzz, nope, but thanks for playing.

If the earth were our mother, our home would the grave.
(Props to the late, great Cardinal George.)
It's not.
Mary is.
Turn to your Blessed Mother.

I like the Litany of Loreto, which we often do before morning Mass, but I think I wish there were a litany that was... I dunno, a little more fierce?

(I have some of the convert's zeal perhaps, overcompensating for coming so late to my devotion.)

No comments: