Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 20 July 2008

Excessively Weird General Intercessions

Excessively specific and therefore weird "General" Intercessions this morning.
I know there are subscription services, CD-roms, online sites from which some parishes obtain the Prayer of the Faithful.
I don't know if ours does.
Maybe our diocese sends them out?
Generally if they seem monkeyed around with, it is in regards to the response we are asked to make.
I know there was a period before we moved here when people were asked to write them, (I know this from someone who was on some parish committee and hated being asked to write them, and hated even more going to a great deal of effort only to have them edited beyond recognition.
Anyway, today we prayed for... oh, let me remember, doctors in India? who are on the verge of discovering a cure for malaria. And the 47 civilians, including 38 women and children killed in a (US) bombing raid. Anyway, it was all just weird.
I remember last year or the year before when there was something oddly specific and ungrammatical that I was not the only one in the Catholic blogosphere who noticed.
And I recall another time when a number of people online mentioned being drawn up short that weekend and simply refusing to join in one prayer.

No comments: