Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 31 July 2008

Is there a Catholic faculty member...

... at the University of Minnesota at Morris, or even a non-Catholic one with just an interest in speaking truth to power, who would test the courage of their chancellor's "convictions" by blogging on something outrageous, a la Dean Swift's modest proposal, to see whether, say, public support for the KKK, or promulgation of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, or some kind of flagrant and ugly and un-PC misogyny, would merit a reaction from TPTB?
Heck, maybe just someone who'd pull such a stunt out of idle curiosity?
I think I would be tempted.... but maybe I'd be too cowardly, fearful of losing favor, or my job, or grants.
Because I don't know if I would put much trust in the administration's even-handedness in these matters.

No comments: