Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 8 October 2015

Small Discussion Groups? Oh, the Horror!

So I'm watching some news from the Synod as Himself is strolling through the room, and he hears something to the effect of the whole assembly breaking up into, small discussion groups .

For a minute he freezes, staring aghast at the screen, seemingly transfixed - then he screams and runs away, crying out, "No, no! Keep the facilitators away from me, HELP!"

Alas, it must be admitted that some converts, because of the timing of their entrance into the Church, learn, rather than theological terms, buzzwords. Instead of the language of the Faith, they are schooled in Catholish.

So yeah, Himself is scared of facilitators.
Me?
As Thoreau was leery of activity requiring a new outfit, I give the skunk eye to any requiring facilitators.
(Or during which we might be asked break up into small discussion groups, for that matter. PLEASE tell me the Synod Fathers are not using a "speaking piece.")

So, some might think I'm a bit askeered.

But patterning myself after the Blessed Mother, I try to be meek and mild fierce and bold.

("Seriously, don't mess with me, don't mess with my family... I'm talkin' to you too, Fathers")




No comments: