Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 2 March 2009

#378 on the List of "Buzzwords I Hate"

I learn in my diocesan newspaper today, that when they're thinking of moving a priest around, the first question they ask to see how his current assignment is fitting him is, does he feel the work he does is moving to and fro rapidly?.... or characterized by perceptible vibration?
We speak Catholish here...
As we "vision" the future in our "nuanced" "faith community."

(The only clerics of whom the question do you feel your work is "vibrant"? should be asked are these guys.)

2 comments:

Mary Jane Ballou said...

Yes, but are they "nurturing their faith communities"? I think we should make up a list of words that need a 25-year hiatus.

I prefer the imperceptible vibration of Brownian motion - the only thing I remember from high school chemistry.

Scelata said...

Well that's one thing more than I remember...

One church I know obviously can't decide on what to call themselves so all their documents refer to themselves as "our parish family faith-community" of St Jargon's. Wastes a lot of ink.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)