Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 1 March 2009

Oh, and by the way, the Blessed Mother told me to tell you....

This is the kind of story I might suspect of being apocryphal, did not I know for a fact that people approach church music directors with all kinds of nonsense, complaints and outright falsehoods.

Several years ago a parishioner came back from Mejugore (okay, you know where) and was very excited because the Blessed Mother had appeared to her on the trip with a top ten list of her favorite songs that she was supposed to give me for immediate incorporation into our liturgies. I can't remember them all but they included the Battle Hymn of the Republic, Hail Mary, Gentle Woman, Amazing Grace and Let there Be Peace on Earth. I was naturally skeptical...

Too funny!

No comments: