Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Wednesday 4 February 2015

"It's like it's some kinda CULT!!!!!!"

I think I'm recalling the line correctly, on some sitcom the leading character had enrolled his parents in the "Fruit of the Month Club" for Christmas, and it terrified them.

When I was little, I think my older sister, who was about 7 or eight at the time, enrolled my parents in Book of the Month, or Capital Record Club or some such....

"But Mom! it said it only costs a DIME!!!!!!!" as they extricated themselves from it.

Well, did you know that there now exists, for all intents and purposes, a "SHOE of the Month" club?
As Letterman, would say, Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is why the rest of the world hates us....

 

Seriously,who needs shoes, new shoes, differnt shoes, trendy shoes so badly that it is as if jonesing for a fix, ya GOTTA get something new?

No comments: