Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 8 March 2015

I Have a Bee in My Bonnet

I admit, the kirchensteuer, not just the practice, but the theory of it, gets my goat.
Perhpas it's my fault.
Perhaps it's like chattel slavery was in this country, a peculiar institution which I, as an outsider, am incapable of understanding, or of recognizing the virtues thereof?
Anyway, I knocked over a couple tables and chairs this morning, in Sunday School, (after telling them I was supposed to be teaching them "foolishness," which had really gotten their attention, for a change,) and I thought about this, (I can't have been the only one):
Do and observe all things whatsoever they tell you, but do not draw a salary of €11500 a month out of the people's pockets, or tool around a €64,000 BMW 740d, or expect to freshen up in a 15,000 € bathtub, or remodel your €86 million house  for €42.15 million after complaining about the other guy's relatively small beer bathtub extravagance....
Stop making my Father’s house a cash cow. It is written: ‘My house shall be a house of prayer,’but you are trying to refuse people Christian burial if they didn't pay your 'church tax'!




No comments: