Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Sunday 7 October 2007

Awwww, ya look beautiful in yer wrath....

One should never give ones opponents, (or potential opponents,) weapons.
And yet, watching the worst performance ever of one of his idols, I shared with Himself that if I were ever furious, he would be able to completely diffuse the situation, I would be helpless to remain angry if he were to emote, like John Wayne playing Ghengis Kahn, "Awwww, ya look beautiful in yer wrath...."

I dash home between Masses this morning to try and change into something cooler, (90 blank!#!#!$!%!^!ing degrees as we start the second week in October!!$#!^!&!!,) and grab a drink and the air conditioning is on, and the back door is WIDE OPEN.
"Oh, fer pete's sake, the d..."
But there's this bouquet of roses (the K of C was selling them to raise money for pro-Life activities,) and I start to melt.
And he says, "There's a note..."
And it says, "Awwww, ya look beautiful in yer wrath...." and I find myself laughing so hard I can barely make it back to the next mass, much less stay ticked off because he's been running up our electricity bill by air-conditioning the Great outdoors.

I love Himself....

No comments: