Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 8 October 2007

Those who died before their time of birth

Yesterday we sang, as we have for several years, a song dedicated to reverencing human life, and I realized, as I never had before in my life, that I have a brother (I believe, though it may be a sister,) whom I never met.
I was completely unable to finish singing, fortunately the congregation sang it as if it were their school fight song, so even at the non-choir Masses, my voice was not missed. (They would belt out even the phone book listings if I played ST COLUMBA for them to sing it to.)
But how had i never thought of that before?
Does the remembrance pain my Mother, I wonder? Imagine, were it not for the miscarriage, twelve children.
She's a remarkable woman. The strongest person I know.
She is pretty matter of fact about loss.
But still...
Someday we shall all sing together.

No comments: