Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 23 May 2009

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner...

I have just come from a nuptial Mass where there was horrible, irreverent, almost blasphemous behavior.

One of the ministers whispered, (to make matters worse, near a mic' that apparently is not usually live, and today of course, was,) "it sounds like a damned RedWings game in here!"

But the lack of decorum of the congregants wasn't the sin.
And neither was the cursing of the short-tempered deacon.
It was me, me and my, (what has escalated from annoyance to,) anger at Catholics who don't know how to behave in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, and even worse, my anger at the one person who could do something about it and declines to.
I'm the one who doesn't know how to behave in the Presence of the Lord of Life, whole and complete in the Blessed Sacrament, and mystically in my brothers and sisters.
I
With that profound humility which the Faith itself
inspires in me,
O my God and Saviour Jesus Christ,
true God and true man,
I love Thee with all my heart,
and I adore Thee who art hidden here,
in reparation for all the irreverences,
profanations and sacrileges
which Thou receivest in the most adorable Sacrament of the
Altar.
I adore Thee, O my God,
if not so much as Thou art worthy to be adored
nor so much as I am bound to do,
yet as much as I am able;
would that I could adore Thee
with that perfect worship which the Angels in heaven
are enabled to offer Thee.
Mayest Thou, O my Jesus, be known, adored,
loved and thanked by all men at every moment
in this most holy and Divine Sacrament.

Amen.

I think I need to stop subbing there, it's making me a worse and worse person.

No comments: