Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 18 July 2014

Culinary Firsts.... for _ME_

I have, somehow, acquired an undeserved reputation as a good cook.
I maintain it by entertaining seldom, and cooking for genuinely good cooks and bakers never.

Yesterday, for the first time in my life.... I used the broiler. Seriously, the first time ever.

The ribeye, with garlic and ginger was excellent. (There's a store near here where I can actually afford a ribeye from time to time. It's called Sav-a-lot, and I don't know why it isn't teaming with shoppers canstanly, especially as the price of staples is soaring .)
Shocked Emma - Are you KIDDING ME? Milk is $4.59 a gallon?


Anyway, today... I am going to make mayonnaise!

Haven't been able to find a commercial one that doesn't contain corn or distilled vinegar made from corn, and if I did, the cost would probably be prohibitive, and allergy or not, tuna salad without mayonnaise is tragic.

Wish me luck

No comments: