Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 25 September 2015

Barb Nicolosi, Prophetess

While looking for a picture of the simply adorable Anthony Andrews as Sebastian Flyte for that last post, I stumbled upon Barb Nicolosi's take-down of that horrid movie of Brideshead made in the last decade.

(After I finally saw the film, [certainly wasn't going to pay to,] I mostly agree with her.)

At the time, I don't think I even noticed this in her opening paragraph -
Imagine if someone did a new adaptation of To Kill a Mockingbird and it ended up savagely racist?
Of course,  I'm not saying Set a Watchman itself is anything like, but it's almost as startling, (and to many lovers of Harper Lee's novel and its characters, sacrilegious,) that Atticus was originally portrayed as racist.
Isn't it?

No comments: