Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 10 September 2015

Stepford Catholics?

They're bragging on this -
If you ever get the chance to visit the [parish resonsible for the Rebuilt  movement] and talk to the staff, volunteers, and even parishioners there, you will notice something extraordinary. They all speak and communicate the exact same way.
-- but frankly, it creeps me out.
Whenever you hear different people suddeny all using the same newish phrases over and over, the same newly minted jargon, my spidey sense tells me they learned it at a "workshop" with a "facilitator," and received hand-outs, helping them "break open" or "unpack" --  and further, that it isn't authentic,and it is  indicative of them all haveing enjoyed a nice, refresing tallboy of Kool-Aid.

This goes double if "the Spirit of VCII" is invoked... or authorititative documents are paraphrased ... rather than quoted....
Or if there's one two many ellipeises used in a quote.... (internally)
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that last one, but I find "quoting" is way too often selective quoting, nowadays.

Or so says my spidey sense.

Hope I'm wrong.

No comments: