Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 24 September 2015

Heroic, Indeed

Well, who knew when I was writing earlier that the reboot of Heroes debuted on TV tonight?
Not I.
I was very fond of the original, (as evidence by my snitching their slogan and coining my own, "Save the Liturgy, Save the World," which was commandeered, no longer with attribution,) until it launched the shark into outer space and the ground under a freakshow opened up and swallowed it jumped the shark, (precipitated to some extent by a writers' strike, IIRC.)

Except that it features a degree of ramped up carnage and gore that is one of the curses of contemporary entertainment, it does not look unpromising. There will need to be appearance, and quickly, of some of the old characters who are still alive and whose portrayers are not otherwise engaged.

Not sure I have the time for a 13-parter, but we shall see.

No comments: