Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 14 September 2015

First Day of Sunday School

Okay, I never expected to ever say this, and I'll probably never say it again, but I loved my first class!!!!!!!

It was fun. They are insane noisy but engaged. It is small enough that I can deal with everyone as he needs, (or as I think he needs.)

I know, it won't last, more will trickle in as the year goes on until it become unwieldy, but for now, I'm loving it.

We strayed way off plan, and it was swell -- quite a long conversation on why we have Crucifixes around when they obviously show something "bad," and what paradoxes are, and how our Faith is full of seeming contradictions, and the concept of both/and....

Oh, and on the assumption that few of them went or will go to Mass, I decided to over emotively read at least one lectionary reading every week, and boy, did James go down well, and it led right in to acting out the dividing into the sheep and the goats, and how was I supposed to know that was you, Jesus?

And how are we supposed to know? and OHHHHHHH! it's ALWAYS Him!

All in all, I was exhausted but happy.

No comments: