Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Friday 31 October 2014

Well, I do beg pardon for wondering what all was going on with the final relatio, little did I know that the long delayed appearance of the document in various translation was the source of much consternation amongst our Traddie brethren.

I had actually begun writing that post when whoosh! it made its entrance in a puff of smoke on the Vatican site and I had to alter the tenses and moods of my complaint.

I still don't understand the whys and wherefore of it, but I caution my Traddie brethren and sistren, think on Hanlon's razor - do not  attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence or sloth.

(Who is Hanlon, anyway?  the New Zealand lawyer?)
Alfred Charles Hanlon, as pictured in Random Recollections (1939).jpg

No comments: