Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Saturday 18 October 2014

"And the family would like...."

At the CMAA forum they are discussing a miscommunication regarding providing the music sung prayer at a funeral amongst family/music director/parish offic/funeral home.

I had one where two people showed up in the loft at about the half hour mark, one had been asked to sing, "by her brother and she specifically wanted Hail Mary Gentle Woman,"  and the other, "by her son and she especially wanted the Schubert Ave Maria, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow, but I told her you probably wouldn't."

Both soloists were known to me, so it would have been touchy working it out, and I honestly don't remember how we did so.

But I don't think anyone stopped talking to me forever that day.....

No comments: