Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Thursday 9 October 2014

Aldi

I am so happy that wonderful British presbyteral blogger Fr Tim Finigan has discovered Aldi, one of my favorite stores.
He had a similar experience to mine in the US, saw one once, tried it out, thought it was rubbish -- it took several years before, in our travels, I finally encountered another and it was like night and day.

I've since learned that the dirty, understocked, unhelpfully staffed one I first encountered may very well be genuinely unique in this country, EVERY other I've been to, all over the nation, has been wonderful.

Nearest one now is about 30 miles away and STILL worth going to if we have "The Big Shop" to do. (And can we talk about their chocolate? and iced latte drinks? and sausage?)

No comments: