Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 13 October 2014

"Gonna Take A Penitential Journey"

I lied, I do have one more comment to make, the phrase struck me, the expression that after "penitential journey" the divorced & remarried could be readmitted to the sacraments.

Which also remind me, made a little mistake the answer in a little quiz I was preparing my kids for yesterday, the prayer that  tells God that we are sorry for our sins was not "the confiteor" but the "act of contrition."

You know, O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you, and I detest all my sins, because of Your just punishments, but most of all because they offend You, my God, who are all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life.

I'm just sayin'.

(Sorry, don't know what happened there, some letters just got bigger, like someone wanted to emphasize them or somethin'....)

Anyway, the mid-term report changed it to "path," but I couldn't resist the earlier iteration:
Gonna take a penitential journey,
Get those nullity decrees,
Gonna make a penitential journey,
Probe old wounds, and memories

Hopin' for a radical sanation,

So we get our marriage blessed
When we have that ol' convalidation,

We'll be feeling much less stressed.

Seven, that's how many months, it's seven,
Being done will feel like heaven!
Countin' every page of paperwork
We did not shirk

Never thought my heart could be so yearny,
Or the Church could feel like home,
Glad we took that penitential journey,
And aligned with Rome, Sweet Rome.

No comments: