Universalis, your very own breviary in pixels...

Monday 16 June 2014

"I don' thin' that word means what you thin' it means...."

Or perhaps I don't know what "marginalized" means.

In the Great Time Suck that is the interwebs, fat-shaming of divas in trouser roles, #okaymaybemostwomen and other laments about marginalization, admiring  performances in videos of Le Comte Ory, reading reviews of what looks like a fascinating cabaret, remembering fondly the Elizabethan Blackadder's "Bob", and reading about the, already known to me, British Musical Hall and Panto traditions of Principle Boy, etc., while learning of the hitherto unknown to me existence of Annie Hindle and Ella Wesner, I at last came to the Arbiter of All Human Knowledge Wikipedia article on "Drag Kings," wherein we are told they often "portray marginalized masculinities such as construction workers, rappers..."


Huh?

No comments: